Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cultural Terrorism

This is the back of an envelope I received from David Dellafiora, the indefatigable British networker who for several years has been plotting from Australia.


I confess I felt a little proud when I saw the "security checked" stamp, and that they had actually opened the envelope to verify its contents: To me it was as if officialdom had once again acknowledged mail art's outsider position as art's weird relative who must be kept in check.
Yes I know this is only wishful thinking.
Well, whatever.

1 comment:

Andrew Culture said...

This is my favourite envelope to bounce back from Oz, I offended someone just from the outside of the envelope!!! I won't post the image as it's a bit huge, but you can see it here - http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee43/andrew_culture/BMUPSE1.jpg
Andrew Culture

(my siggy)
My Zine Distro...
Badges...